Essence Cuisine UK Limited
Who is responsible for processing your data?
What Are cookies?
Cookies are small, simple text files that are stored by your computer or mobile device when you use our website.
What are the other technologies?
Cookies and other technologies are used in virtually all existing websites and website.
Using cookies and other technologies, we can, for example, ensure that:
- Surfing the websites will be easier and more pleasant for you;
- You will not always receive the same information or be required to input the same data when you visit our websites;
- We can offer you special functionalities, such as a personalised updates;
- We can measure how our websites are used, and how we can improve them further;
- We can show you recommendations based on your interests;
- We can recognise what type of device you are using when you visit us;
Which cookies do we use?
Functional cookies or necessary cookies
Functional cookies ensure our website work properly. For example, booking functionalities.
We collect analytical cookies concerning the use of our website by users with the help of statistics from third parties. By measuring website usage, we can continue to improve our website for the benefit of our users.
Social media cookies from third parties
Social media cookies are cookies that enable the functionalities of social media sites. For example, the “Like” button on Facebook.
We place advertising cookies in our website. We also place advertising cookies on third-party websites. We can combine the information from these advertising cookies. We do this so that we can provide you with the most relevant offers based on your online surf, search and purchase behaviour. We also keep track of the advertisements you have seen with these advertising cookies.
Website recommendations, preferences and interest cookies
In addition, we combine your online surf, search and bookings behaviour to show you relevant offers and recommendations in our website that are based on your preferences.
Functional or necessary cookies
Functional or necessary cookies help the Essence Cuisine website to work correctly. This means, for example:
- Your browser settings will be saved so you get the best viewing experience when you are browsing our website;
- The ability to save your email address details so that you do not have to enter them again;
- An even load on the website so it remains functional and accessible;
- Detecting possible abuse or potential problems in our website by registering consecutive failed log-in attempts, for example.
We record and analyse how the website is used with the help of third-party analytical cookies. These statistics give us more insight into how often we are visited and how we can improve our website. This means we can constantly optimise the website experience.
The following data is stored (not an exhaustive list):
- The IP address, which is anonymised;
- Technical features such as the browser being used (Chrome, Internet Explorer or Firefox, for example) and the screen resolution of your computer and what device you are using;
- The page you came from to visit the website;
- When and how long you visit or use the website;
- Whether you use the functionality of the website. For example, previous bookings;
- Which pages you visit on our website.
An example of how we use these cookies is as follows:
- Tracking the number of visitors to our website;
- Measuring the length of time per visit;
- Determining the sequence in which a visitor visits the various pages of our website.
Social media cookies from third parties
How do social media cookies from third parties work?
Social media cookies are placed by the social media sites themselves. When you click a social media button on our websites, a social media cookie will be placed. The social media party can recognise your IP address when you share one of our website pages. In terms of the cookies placed by social media parties and the data they collect, we refer to the statements made by these parties on their websites. We recommend that you read the following privacy and cookie statements on a regular basis:
- We can track which advertisements you've already seen;
- We can track how many times you've seen an advertisement;
- We can prevent you from always seeing the same advertisement;
- We can track whether you click on the advertisements;
- We can keep track of the orders you have placed after you have seen or clicked an advertisement;
- We can combine your online surf, search, and purchase behaviour, regardless of the device you are using;
- By combining this information, we can determine your advertisement interest and tune the advertisements we show you in our website and on other websites to your preferences;
Advertisement networks and media agencies serve as intermediaries for website and advertisers. The advertising cookies from these parties make it possible that:
- Our advertising partners can combine your preferences for our websites with information that they collect from your visits to other websites.
For cookies placed by these parties for advertising purposes, we refer you to the statements on the websites of these parties. These statements change regularly so we recommend you read these privacy and cookie statements regularly. The following parties place cookies on our website:
Website recommendations, preferences and interests cookies
We have so many items in our store that we would like to help you find what you are looking for. For example, by pointing out items that may be of interest to you. This is, for example, based on your previous visits to our website, no matter what device you used. We look at your cookies and your IP address, as well as what you previously bought from us and your interests that we know as a result of asking you. Recommendations and interest cookies allow us to verify that you have seen certain products or offers, clicked on them, and if you have subsequently bought a specific product. This information can be combined to get a picture of your interests and preferences; the website can then be customised for you.
The interest cookies make it possible that:
- We can combine your online surf, search, and bookings habits in our website, regardless of the device you use to visit the website;
- We can establish your preferences and interests by combining your surfing habits, and make offers and recommendations in our website that meet your preferences;
- We can show you offers and recommendations via our website based on your interests and the combination of your surf, search and bookings behaviour;
- We can show you targeted offers and recommendations on other websites based on your surfing habits.
If you want to disable cookies from specific parties, this is possible through www.youronlinechoices.com.
Delete cookies in Microsoft Edge:
Click on the Menu icon with 3 lines on the upper right of the screen. Click on the clock icon; this is the “History” tab. Click clear “All History”. You can now clear exactly what you want. In any case, click on “Cookies and stored website data” and click “Clear”. At the bottom you can choose to delete this data every time you close Microsoft Edge.
Delete cookies in Chrome:
Click on the icon with 3 lines on the upper right of the screen. Click on “Settings” > “Privacy and Security” > “Clear browsing data”. Ensure “Cookies and other site data” is checked. You can also specify how old the cookies should be. Choose “All”.
Delete cookies in Firefox:
Click on the icon with 3 lines on the upper right of the screen. Go to “Options” > “Privacy”. Click “Clear your recent history”. Under "Details", you can clear exactly what you want. Select “Cookies”. You can also specify how old the cookies should be. Choose “All”.
Delete cookies in Safari:
Click on “Safari” > “Preferences” on the left of the menu bar at the top. Select the “Privacy” tab at the top of the window. Then click on “Delete all website data”.
Delete cookies in Internet Explorer:
Click on the icon of a gearwheel on the upper right of the screen. Go to the “Security” menu > “Delete browser history”. You can now clear exactly what you want. Select “Cookies and website data”. Click on “Delete” at the bottom of the window.